Call for Participants: Youth in Action — Training of Trainers in Peace education
Training Course on human rights,conflict transformation, peace & community building
Have you ever wonder what is behind many of the workshops done in Human Rights, conflict transformation, peace and community building? Are you open to learn, create, discover and build ideas to foster your youth community? Are you willing to gain competences to be a trainer?
The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) with the support of Youth Peace Ambassadors Network France (YPAN France) invites you to discover the compass that will guide you towards a more inclusive society. That is why we created:
Youth in Action: Building communities for Peace —
a Training of Trainers on human rights, conflict transformation, peace & community building
What is this? A 6-day training course on the tools for trainers in Peace Education
Who? 30participants from Germany, Greece, Poland and France
When? from 15th to 22nd of October (including travel dates)
Where? Evian-les-bains, France
Deadline: 11th of August
Link for Applications 👉 HERE
Why does this project take place?
Youth In Action’ project was designed by the group of international youth workers and activists — members of YPAN — working in the peacebuilding field. As young people, we believe that peace is more than the absence of war. Peace is also defined as the attitudes, institutions and structures that build and sustain peaceful societies. Being able to build peace means for us to have the capacity to transform conflicts with empathy, nonviolently and with creativity. Those capacities in peacebuilding need to be learned, but very often our school systems do not ensure teaching based on the human rights and culture of peace approaches. That’s why we want to show you the way, so you can lead others in the field and bring sustainable peace and create a sustainable communities arround you.
AIM: to empower 30 participants with the training skills in community building with a special focus on peacebuilding and active citizenship, so that they would be able to run educational activities with, for and by young people based on experiential learning, non-formal education and community approaches.
- to develop participants` understanding of concepts of community building, creation and sustainability, peace, human rights at the interpersonal, planetary and institutional levels;
- to gain practical skills in community building which could be incorporated into the educational curricula of YPAN and the youth organizations;
- to develop participants capacity building in safe-space creation, self-care and other community building techniques as basis of peace and community construction;
- to develop participants’ competence to design, run and evaluate non-formal education and training activities in the field of community building at European and local level;
- to develop the self-reflection and self-assessment skills of participants in their learning processes, meaningful cooperation with others and to be further able to transfer the gained skills into the educational process of the others;
- to empower and mentor participants to act as trainers and multipliers of the community values in their educational youth work
Profile of participants:
- young people aged between 18 and 35 years (exceptions are possible if duly justified);
- able to work in English;
- available and fully committed to take part in the whole duration of the training;
- motivated to learn and to apply the gained competences in their work
- involved in youth or community projects in their community and be motivated to implement youth initiatives for peace- building following the project;
- staff, youth workers and professionals involved in education, training and youth and willing to improve their competences in teaching, training and youth work by expanding them for tool of activism and peace education;
- people active as trainers or educators in non–formal education, especially within youth organisations and associations, in youth work activities and in other NGOs concerned with peace education;
- young people who believe in positive changes in their communities, are passionate about issues facing their community; are committed to self-development and are seeking innovative solutions to economic and social problems in their communities.
ARE YOU WILLING TO…?
- Join a group with an open mind, ready to take action, seeking for constructive learning, and willing to be changemakers
- Create a community with respect, love and “sharing is caring” mood
- Show your best skills to others, offer an ear to hear and questions to ask
- Find what “outside the box” really means
- Believe that youth is part of the change
- Have the time to meet cool people with a thousand stories to share
- Participate in the 6 days of the training
THEN YOU ARE PERFECT FOR THIS PROJECT! (Apply here)
BESIDES, IF YOU PREFER TO…
- Stick to your ideas, values or ways of living without questioning even a single rule
- not listen to others thoughts or ideas
- visit town instead of learning something new
Then we recommend you to read “5 Reasons Why Emotional Intelligence Is the Future of Work”
HOW DO WE WORK? 💡
The training “Youth in Action: Building Communities for Peace” will be based on the principles of non-formal education.
We will implement the basic elements of non-formal education, such as the education being voluntary, organized with educational objectives, participatory and learner-centered, about learning life skills and preparing for active citizenship, based on involving both individual and group learning with a collective approach, holistic and process-oriented, as well as based on experience and action (we will plan the follow-up activities) and starts from the needs of the participants.
Basically is a peer-to-peer (you teach & learn from others) approach. 😊
Access to free education and empowerment is one of our main principles. That’s why, through the support of the ERASMUS + program, we are able to provide this training for you for FREE.
We will reimburse your travels to Evian-les-Bains, France with the limit of:
Poland, Germany — 275 Eur
France — 180 Eur
Greece — 360 Eur
If you choose green travel (train, carpooling, boat, bus, etc.), we will try to support you with a higher reimbursement (Except for France).
And a bit about ourselves 👇
Youth Peace Ambassadors Network
The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) is an informal network of 118 young peacebuilders from across Europe who work with and in conflict-affected communities.
The majority of the members of the network are trained on human rights, non-formal education, and conflict transformation by the Council of Europe in the long-term project (2011–2014).
Our Mission: The YPA Network wants to develop a culture of peace by empowering young people, and promoting human rights, dignity, equality, and respect for diversity through education, advocacy, and other non-violent actions through projects at the local and international levels.
Follow us on 👉 INSTAGRAM👈
DEADLINE — 11th August 2023
Write to this e-mail with the Subject: ”Youth in Action” — email@example.com
”Youth in Action” is a project financed by the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme. The content of page represents the views of the author only and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.