Creative Leaders for Peace. Online training on leadership and innovation in peacebuilding
As Dan Palotta argues in Harvard Business Review “…the best creativity […] comes from a desire to contribute to the lives of others, either by introducing something new that improves the quality of their lives or by showing people that something thought to be impossible is in fact possible. When you change people’s perceptions about what can be accomplished or achieved, you contribute to their humanity in the richest possible way. You give them hope for the future…”.
Have you always searched for a place to express yourself? To understand other points of view? Are you open to learn, create, discover and build ideas to foster your youth community? And to discover how creativity in leadership can help us be clearer and reach out better?
The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) with the support of YPAN France invites you to discover the compass that will guide you towards a more inclusive society. That is why we created:
Creative Leaders for Peace (CLP)
What is this? A 6-day training course on leadership and innovation in peace-building
Who? 32 participants from all over Europe, including Western Balkans and Caucasus region
When? The weekend of the 7–8-9 May 2021 and the next week of the 14–15–16 May 2021
Deadline: 20th of April
Application form: Link
WHY THIS PROJECT?
Creative Leaders for Peace’ project was designed by the group of international youth workers and activists — members of YPAN — working in the peacebuilding field. With this project we want empower you to become a leader and active change-maker in your society. We want to create a space where you could take the challenge and be the creative peace leader and to restructure the existing patterns of leadership. We want to propose to explore a leadership based on nonviolence, empathy, human rights and build a new structure for peace and human rights. That’s why we want to show you the way, so you can lead others in the field and bring sustainable peace in COVID times.
AIM → We aim to equip youth leaders and youth workers with competences to be peace leaders and multipliers of building culture of peace and human rights across Europe by being actively involved in developing their local and
international communities based on peace, human rights and inclusion.
WITH AN AIM… COMES THE OBJECTIVES
The objectives are:
- to gain better understanding of peace and human rights and its forms and the importance of youth participation and leadership in democratic institutions
- to equip young activists with off-line and on-line tools to strengthen culture of peace and human rights both on a local and European level
- to create a space for young people to practice their leadership skills aiming to promote transcultural societies and speak up for under-represented voices
- to equip young people with skills to be able to engage with policy makers in peace processes and in addressing the human rights and peace violations at the local level
- to create series of audiovisual materials for, with and by young people which would make the voices of young people heard
- to design at least 8 youth-led initiatives by the participants of the project which would aim to create sustainable peace in European societies
- to strengthen the YPA network with new active members so that it can serve as a space for engagement in peacebuilding for young people
PROFILE OF THE PARTICIPANTS
We would love to meet you at the training especially when:
🌿 you would like to be a young leader in your community, or
🌿 you want to work with young people on their leadership skills, or
🌿 you have the audiovisual skills (graphic design, video making, photography, etc.) and you would like to use it to bring change, or
🌿you see the need of transforming your surroundings and you wonder how to do it peacefully, or
🌿you are peace passionate and you are ready to use it to bring change.
IF SO… ARE YOU WILLING TO…?
- Join a group with an open mind, ready to take action, seeking for constructive learning, and willing to be changemakers
- Create a community with respect, love and “sharing is caring” mood
- Show your best skills to others, offer an ear to hear and questions to ask
- Find what “outside the box” really means
- Believe that youth is part of the change
- Have the time to meet cool people with a thousand stories to share
- Participate in the 6 days of the training
THEN YOU ARE PERFECT FOR THIS PROJECT! (Apply here)
BESIDES, IF YOU PREFER TO…
- Stick to your ideas, values or ways of living without questioning even a single rule
- not listen to others thoughts or ideas
- talk for talking without giving the space to express to others
- enroll for joining just one day, without giving yourself and the training a chance
Then we recommend you to read ‘Go Suck a Lemon: Strategies for Improving Your Emotional Intelligence’
HOW WE WORK (we try to be different)
Training course will be based on the principles of non-formal education: it will have a planned programme of personal and social education for young people designed to improve a range of skills and competencies, outside the formal educational curriculum.
We will implement the basic elements of the non-formal education, such as the education being voluntary, organised with educational objectives, participatory and learner-centred, about learning life skills and preparing for active citizenship, based on involving both individual and group learning with a collective approach, holistic and process-oriented, as well as based on experience and action (we will plan the follow up activities) and starts from the needs of the participants.
COSTS, WHAT IS THAT?
We believe in one thing, the power of peace education and the right for all to have an opportunity. That is why, thanks to the ERASMUS+ scheme, we are able to provide this training for you for FREE. We will provide you with the links on the right time!
AND… WHO ARE WE?
Youth Peace Ambassadors Network
The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) is an informal network of 87 young peacebuilders from across Europe who work with and in conflict affected communities.
Majority of the members of the network are trained on human rights, non-formal education and conflict transformation by the Council of Europe in the long term project (2011–2014).
Our Mission: The YPA Network wants to develop a culture of peace by empowering young people, promoting human rights, dignity, equality and respect of diversity through education, advocacy and other non-violent actions through projects at local and international level.
As YPA Network we promote local and international peacebuilding activities by young people around Europe.
Youth Peace Ambassadors Network France
The activities of the organisation focuses on 3 main areas: human rights in general, gender equality and human rights education. The aim of our activities is to raise people awareness on the human rights, tolerance, equality, racism, discrimination, peace culture, nationalism and intercultural dialogue. Along with peace work and conflict transformation. YPAN France works with international experts, youth workers and human rights activists in order to provide a new way to transform the society, from local to global.
DEADLINE… 20th of April!
Application results: to be announced on 27th of April!
Raminta Bagdonaite — Project coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
CREATIVE LEADERS FOR PEACE is a project financed by the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme.
The content of page represents the views of the author only and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.