Open Call for participants — Peace Insights — Online Training of Trainers in Peace Education
Have you ever wonder what is behind many of the workshops done in Human Rights and peacebuilding? Are you open to learn, create, discover and build ideas to foster your youth community? Are you willing to gain competences to be a trainer both in online and offline training?
The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) with the support of Libre-pensadores de la Sierra (LPS) invites you to discover the compass that will guide you towards a more inclusive society. That is why we created:
Peace Insights —
a Training of Trainers in Peace Education
What is this? A 5-day training course on the tools for trainers in Peace Education
Who? 23 participants from all over Europe
When? The weekend of the 12–13 December 2020 and the next weekend of the 18–19–20 December 2020
Deadline: 3rd of December
Application form: Link
WHY THIS PROJECT?
Peace Insights’ project was designed by the group of international youth workers and activists — members of YPAN — working in the peacebuilding field. As young people, we believe that peace is more than the absence of war. Peace is also defined as the attitudes, institutions and structures that build and sustain peaceful societies. Being able to build peace means for us to have the capacity to transform conflicts with empathy, nonviolently and with creativity. Those capacities in peacebuilding need to be learned, but very often our school systems do not ensure teaching based on the human rights and culture of peace approaches. That’s why we want to show you the way, so you can lead others in the field and bring sustainable peace in COVID times.
AIM → We aim to bring youth (especially youth workers) with the training skills in peace education with a special focus on nonviolent conflict transformation and nonviolent communication, so that they would be able to run educational activities with, for and by young people based on experiential learning, non-formal education and human rights approaches.
WITH AN AIM… COMES THE OBJECTIVES
The objectives are:
- to develop participants` understanding of concepts of peace, human rights and peace education at personal, interpersonal, planetary and institutional level;
- to gain practical skills in nonviolent conflict transformation which could be incorporated into education with young people;
- to develop participants skills in non-violent communication and emotional literacy as basis of peace education;
- to develop participants’ competence to design, run and evaluate non-formal education and training activities in the field of peace education at European and local level;
- to create participants a space to exercise their gained in facilitation skills and implement them during workshops in local school;
- to develop the self-reflection and self-assessment skills of participants in their learning processes, meaningful cooperation with others and to be further able to transfer the gained skills into educational process of the others;
- to empower and mentor participants to act as trainers and multipliers of the peaceful values in their educational youth work by designing and implementing at least one concrete follow-up activity.
ARE YOU WILLING TO…?
- Join a group with an open mind, ready to take action, seeking for constructive learning, and willing to be changemakers
- Create a community with respect, love and “sharing is caring” mood
- Show your best skills to others, offer an ear to hear and questions to ask
- Find what “outside the box” really means
- Believe that youth is part of the change
- Have the time to meet cool people with a thousand stories to share
- Participate in the 5 days of the training
THEN YOU ARE PERFECT FOR THIS PROJECT! (Apply here)
BESIDES, IF YOU PREFER TO…
- Stick to your ideas, values or ways of living without questioning even a single rule
- not listen to others thoughts or ideas
- enrol for joining just one day, without giving yourself and the training a chance
Then we recommend you to read “5 Reasons Why Emotional Intelligence Is the Future of Work”
HOW WE WORK (we try to be different)
Training course will be based on the principles of non-formal education: it will have a planned programme of personal and social education for young people designed to improve a range of skills and competencies, outside the formal educational curriculum.
We will implement the basic elements of the non-formal education, such as the education being voluntary, organised with educational objectives, participatory and learner-centred, about learning life skills and preparing for active citizenship, based on involving both individual and group learning with a collective approach, holistic and process-oriented, as well as based on experience and action (we will plan the follow up activities) and starts from the needs of the participants.
COSTS, WHAT IS THAT?
We believe in one thing, the power of peace education and the right for all to have an opportunity. That is why, thanks to the ERASMUS+ scheme, we are able to provide this training for you for FREE. We will provide you with the links on the right time!
AND… WHO ARE YOU?
Youth Peace Ambassadors Network
The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) is an informal network of 87 young peacebuilders from across Europe who work with and in conflict affected communities.
Majority of the members of the network are trained on human rights, non-formal education and conflict transformation by the Council of Europe in the long term project (2011–2014).
Our Mission: The YPA Network wants to develop a culture of peace by empowering young people, promoting human rights, dignity, equality and respect of diversity through education, advocacy and other non-violent actions through projects at local and international level.
As YPA Network we promote local and international peacebuilding activities by young people around Europe.
The Association Libre-pensadores de la sierra de Madrid (LPS) is a cultural organization managed by young people from the north-west of Madrid region. The organization aims to the promotion of participative processes inclusive with youngsters and the spread of culture of respect, human rights advocacy and democratic values. The organization activities started in 2013 taking action from then in more than 30 events, workshops and actions in Spain and other European countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Portugal and the UK).
DEADLINE… 3rd of December!
Application results: to be announced on 4th of December!
José B. Sevillano — Project coordinator: email@example.com
PEACE INSIGHTS — TOTPE is a project financed by the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme.
The content of page represents the views of the author only and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.